Chatterbox is a creative thinking, one-of-a-kind Paediatric Therapy Centre providing a holistic approach to treating children and teens with a wide variety of diagnoses.
Our experience tells us that a holistic and family focused approach to paediatric therapy is the most effective way to treat and reach client and family goals. We also make a direct and positive impact to NDIS participants.
We’re passionate about making a difference, which has led to a growth in our services. We are now seeking Occupational Therapists to join our team.
- Are you a qualified Occupational Therapist?
- Do you love making a difference with children, teens and families?
- Are you looking to work at a place where your voice matters?
If the answer is ‘YES’ to ALL of these, read on!
- Facilitate development and rehabilitation of a caseload of children and their families or carers with mental, emotional, and physical disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy.
- Meet the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results and determining intervention occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with the Senior Occupational Therapist.
- Initiate, review and complete appropriate intervention strategies including assessment referrals, implementation and measuring client outcomes to ensure appropriate support is provided to the client and their families.
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest.
- Implement appropriate intervention that is based on current evidence-based practice.
- Evaluate results of occupational therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress and recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications.
- Develop and maintain a specialist knowledge base related to delivery of occupational therapy services to maximise services provision to the child and their families.
Why you might want to be a part of our team:
- You will be supported by leadership team who loves to listen to what you have to say
- We value work-life balance (yes, it’s a thing here)
- Mentorship, career development and supervision (we have a dedicated department for this)
- In-service CPD (Continuing Professional Development) with ongoing opportunities
- Incentive programs (because you are rewarded for being awesome!)
- Oh, and happy-Fridays-treats too!
If you’re as passionate about making a difference as we are then please apply now to be part of the team!
We believe in efficiency and that includes our recruitment process; only 2 interviews and a quick decision.
Please note that you must have the legal right to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
YOU are our ideal team member because you have:
- A recognised degree in Occupational Therapy.
- A current registration with AHPRA and Occupational Therapy Association.
- Demonstrated knowledge in areas of motor, coordination, sensory or cognitive functioning, in accordance with relevant legislation and practice guidelines in order to ensure positive outcomes for clients.
- Current understanding of issues, trends and approaches underpinning the provision of services to children with autism and their families and carers.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team and in partnership with other.
- Initiative and the passion to create opportunities for our clients.
- A desire to make each day a happy one for yourself, clients and colleagues.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Working with Children Check and a Police Check (current or in the process).
- You’re a team player who adores children and loves to see them achieve goals.
- You enjoy a laugh and having FUN! (yes, we can be a little crazy at times).