Organisation Dawson St Children's Co-operative
For Provider Dawson St Children's Co-operative
Closing date 08.08.2021
Primary role Administrator
Position type Part-time
About the Centre/Service Dawson Street Children’s Co-operative (DSCC) is a not for profit, community based centre located in Brunswick which highly values professional, enthusiastic and eager educators. We place children at the centre of our practice and believe that their voice has a right to be heard. We build strong partnerships with our families and the community and promote respectful relationships.
Work Days of the Role 3-4 days
Hours of Work of the Role 7 hours
Description About the Role We are seeking a Operations Manager to oversee the operations of the service while supporting a team who provide high quality early childhood education and care to children. As a key part of a small and dynamic team, you would be responsible for HR management, OH&S, facilities management, finance management, improving organisational processes, quality, productivity, and efficiency and the centre's administration & reporting activities. This is a 0.8 FTE role but we can offer some flexibility for our preferred candidate. Please advise at time of application if you have limitations on your availability. DSCC is a proud equal opportunity employer. Operations Manager is responsible for:
- The health & safety of all children, staff and visitors to the centre
- Ensuring facilities are appropriate for the operation of a service
- Building & maintaining collaborative partnerships that enhance children’s inclusion, learning and wellbeing
- Governance that supports the operation of a quality service, including financial management and all legal and regulatory requirements
- Building and promoting a positive organisational culture and professional learning community through effective leadership
- Act as a resource person for families
Qualifications Qualifications & Requirements
- Diploma or Degree qualification in commerce, business administration, or related field
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police Check
- Current Anaphylaxis, Asthma, CPR and First Aid Certificates (or a willingness to obtain)
- A Diploma or Degree qualification in accordance with the ACECQA Approved Early Childhood Teaching Qualifications List not required but highly regarded (a willingness to obtain also highly regarded)
Additional Requirements Work Experience & Skills -Experience in HR operations -Experience in financial management & bookkeeping -Proficiency in Child Care Subsidy -Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders -Excellent literacy & numeracy skills -A proven history of advanced organisational skills -Advanced computer literacy, able to pick up new systems quickly with minimal training To apply If you are interesting in applying for this position, please email Bonnie Thomson at email@example.com Your current CV; and A brief covering letter Application closes on 31st July, 2021. A note on Working from Home This role can be performed from home during special circumstances (eg lockdowns), but as we are a small office staffed by part-time employees, the expectation is the majority of your time would be at the centre.
Industrial Agreement/Award Clerks – Private Sector Award 2010
Please email through your current CV.