Organisation The Lady Gowrie Child Centre (Melbourne) Inc (Gowrie Victoria)
Closing date 29.10.2021
Primary role Other
Position type Full-time
Location Carlton North, travel to all Gowrie services
About the Centre/Service Established in 1939, Gowrie Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation committed to our purpose to champion excellence in early childhood education and care. We provide long day care and kindergarten (sessional and integrated) across six early learning centres located in Broadmeadows, Carlton, Carlton North, Docklands (The Harbour and Docklands Kindergarten) and Yarraville; and through our Adult Learning team we also deliver qualifications in ECEC and professional development for the sector. Our employee engagement levels are in the top 10% for care-based organisations and 80% of our employees rate Gowrie Victoria as a truly great place to work.
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 38 hours per week
Description We are currently recruiting for a Pedagogical Leader. Reporting to the Executive Manager, Early Learning you will champion excellence in early childhood education and care by leading the pedagogy across our early learning programs and putting contemporary theory into practice. You will work closely with our Early Learning Managers and Educational Leaders as you drive the organisation's pedagogical priorities to continually improve educational practice and outcomes for children. In addition, you will:
- Lead and oversee the articulation of pedagogical practices through the implementation of our Pedagogy Framework across our early learning programs;
- Ensure our programs are aligned to the National Quality Framework;
- Implement effective change management strategies as we introduce our Pedagogy Framework across our programs
- Coach and mentor Educational Leaders to work effectively with their teams
- Provide input into technical aspects of tenders in relation to ECEC pedagogy and practice;
- Lead the development of articles and presentations for professional publications and conferences and represent Gowrie Victoria in sector networks and advisory groups.
- A Bachelor level qualification in early childhood (postgraduate qualification desirable).
Requirements VIT Registration
Additional Requirements A love of learning – for yourself, your colleagues and children A strong understanding of contemporary early childhood pedagogy and practice and current developments in the sector Significant experience in leadership roles in the ECEC sector Experience in leading change management processes with a focus on continuous improvement; Proven ability to facilitate, mentor, coach and influence others; Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally (written and verbal) and build strong relationships with various stakeholders; A sound working knowledge of the regulatory and legislative environment in which we work; An ability to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions and programs; A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and development;
Industrial Agreement/Award Other
Salary Other $100-120k
Please apply via Seek using the link in the description