Preschool Field Officer Program Leader
Organisation Darebin City Council
For Provider Darebin City Council
Closing date 12.08.2022
Primary role Other
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service At Darebin, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of how we work. Our commitment to these values is unwavering, they are central to our mission, to our impact and to help us better serve our community. We know that having varied perspectives and lived experiences helps generate better ideas to enable a diverse, inclusive and connected community.Darebin encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
Work Days of the Role Monday to Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 38hrs per week
Description The City of Darebin is committed to working in partnership with stakeholders to provide high quality, inclusive and accessible programs that respond to the diverse and changing needs of our community and support the care, education, health and wellbeing of children, young people and their families.The Preschool Field Officer Program is an important service in this partnership approach, assisting early childhood services to build on their practices and enhance their capacity and confidence to deliver inclusive early learning experiences for all children with additional needs and their families.The Preschool Field Officer Leader will coordinate the PSFO program, using research, evidence based best practice and the practice principles of the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) to guide the program and service improvements, while monitoring service delivery priorities and effectiveness, supervising staff and ensuring the community receive customer service excellence.
- Manage the PSFO Program to ensure the provision of high-quality customer service to ECEC services and the community; and support family’s equitable access to care and education with the aim of increasing participation in the early years; particularly by the most vulnerable.
- Lead, support, supervise and mentor PSFO staff.
- Plan, contribute to and promote community engagement, communication, education and training opportunities relating to the importance of inclusion and the early years.
- Manage and monitor the service delivery priorities and effectiveness of the PSFO program in line with Department of Education and Training (DET) service level agreements and guidelines, whilst maintaining an active case load.
- A tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education in accordance with the National Legislation 2010, or current regulatory requirement. Further experience and qualifications in special education, early intervention, or disability preferred.
- Experience with developing, leading, supervising, motivating and supporting a dynamic and innovative team.
- Highly developed assessment and referral skills and demonstrated understanding of the impact of trauma and disadvantage on a child’s development and the importance of relationships in fostering a child’s learning and development.
- Advanced facilitation, negotiation and leadership skills and ability to work with a range of stakeholders for positive outcomes, effective collaboration and shared responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the promotion of inclusive practice to improve access, equity and social justice outcomes for children and experience in developing and providing professional development for early childhood educators.
Additional Requirements Please see the Position Description for all job requirements
Industrial Agreement/Award Other
Salary Other Salary circa $113,428 plus 10% allowance, plus super