Room Leader – Part time Monday & Friday afternoon
Organisation Sunrise Kindergarten and Long Day Care
For Provider Sunrise Kindergarten and Long Day Care
Closing date 30.09.2021
Primary role Diploma Qualified Educator
Position type Part-time
Location Fitzroy North
About the Centre/Service Every child deserves a champion, and could that be you? Why Sunrise? We are seeking a part time co-educator to be part of our team based in North Fitzroy. Sunrise is a not-for-profit organisation with over 27 years of success leading the early childhood education in Melbourne. We have built a strong community that supports the values of Neo-Humanistic Philosophy, which integrates meditation & yoga as part of the education that makes us unique and well regarded in the community. As a co-educator, you will be supported in a conducive environment, that fosters a strong sense of belonging and community engagement that embraces change and making a difference in the children’s life. (Monday and Friday)
Work Days of the Role Monday & Friday
Hours of Work of the Role 1pm - 6pm(Contact) plus 2 hours planning
Description Start date: ASAP For this role we also expect you will have: As part of our neo-humanistic values, we also emphasise the importance and effect of diet on mind, behaviour and the well-being of our children and educators, hence our centres are all fully vegetarian (no egg, mushroom, garlic and onion). Check out our website to broaden your understanding of our unique values and philosophy. www.sunrisepreschool.vic.edu.au An ECEC Diploma qualification(preferred) or equivalent, Co-Educator as approved by ACECQA or working towards.
- The play-based approach for children on a day-to-day basis, together with the Early Childhood Teacher to be able to lead the room and work along side co-educator(Monday and Friday) Wednesday setup and initiate outdoor play space with ECT.
- 12 months' experience (preferred) working in an early childhood.
- Practical working knowledge and application of the NQF, EYLF, and VEYLDF.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs that are inclusive and responsive to the interests, strengths and learning needs of individual children for outdoors and indoor play.
- Proven ability to engage in critical reflection on your performance and practice.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team.
- Who is committed.
- Can-do attitude.
- With good communication skills, warm and welcoming capable to build relationships with the children and the families of our community.
- Part of our philosophy is nurturing each child’s socially and emotionally, we do this through the practice of Yoga and meditation daily.
- Is enthusiastic about working closely with a team of educators, families, key workers and specialists.
- Promote and role model sustainability, inclusive in our outdoor/indoor area.
- Accountable to the Committee of Management for all employment matters.
Diploma or Certificate III working toward Diploma
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010
Send your cover letter and resume today!