- Are you a qualified Speech Pathologist?
- Do you love making a difference with children, teens and families?
- Are you looking to work at a place where your voice matters?
If the answer is YES to ALL of these, read on!
Chatterbox is a creative thinking, one-of-a-kind Paediatric Therapy Centre providing a holistic approach to treating children and teens with a wide variety of diagnoses.
Our experience tells us that a holistic and family focused approach to paediatric therapy is the most effective way to treat and reach client and family goals. We also make a direct and positive impact to NDIS participants.
We’re passionate about making a difference, which has led to a growth in our services. We are now seeking Speech Pathologists to join our team.
- Providing specialist support services to children, their families and carers. These services are delivered within a family centred approach. This means the Speech Pathologist works with families to identify their strengths and needs and to design a program of support.
- Work as a member of a Multidisciplinary Team. The team at Chatterbox provide a range of specialist services to children with delays in the following way:
- Services are primarily provided to the patient within the clinic environment.
- Intervention may involve the development of individual or group programs or a combination of both.
- The families of the child being treated are involved in all aspects of service delivery including planning and decision-making process, ongoing communication and review.
- Speech Pathologists primarily work within a multidisciplinary model. This involves collaboration with other clinical disciplines in the development and delivery of intervention programs to facilitate a family centred approach and individualised programs.
- Participation in ongoing professional development activities to ensure speech pathology intervention is based on best practice principles.
- Once more experienced, you may be required to manage more complex client issues and other activities with less supervision.
Why you might want to be a part of our team:
- You will be supported by leadership team who loves to listen to what you have to say
- We value work-life balance (yes, it’s a thing here)
- Mentorship, career development and supervision (we have a dedicated department for this)
- In-service CPD (Continuing Professional Development) with ongoing opportunities
- Incentive programs (because you are rewarded for being awesome!)
- Oh, and happy-Fridays-treats too!
If you’re as passionate about making a difference as we are then please apply now to be part of the team! We believe in efficiency and that includes our recruitment process; only 2 interviews and a quick decision.
Please note that you must have the legal right to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
YOU are our ideal team member because you have:
- A recognised degree in Speech Pathology.
- A current registration with Speech Pathology Australia.
- Experience in providing speech pathology services to children with speech and language disorders.
- Ability to accurately assess, plan and monitor intervention in the area of communication disorders in children.
- Experience in working with children with an ASD
- Current understanding of issues, trends and approaches underpinning the provision of services to children with ASD and their families and carers.
- Group therapy experience, incorporating social skills, arts and crafts, music, and drama (advantageous, however we can train you in our creative methods)
- Initiative and the passion to create opportunities for our clients
- A desire to make each day a happy one for yourself, clients and colleagues
- Registration with SPAA (required)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Working with Children Check and a Police Check (current or in the process)
Registration with SPAA