Teacher of the Deaf
At NextSense, formerly known as the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC), we’ve been supporting people with hearing and vision loss for over 160 years. We lead and influence the hearing and vision sectors, through dedication to our services, and advancing research, education, innovation and technology. We exist to enhance lives by working with people who have hearing and vision loss, so together we can redefine what’s possible.
NextSense has exciting opportunities for a teacher of the deaf to join our team. We have full-time roles on both a fixed and permanent basis, reporting directly to our Program Manager. You’ll make a difference in this role by:
- Working within the team on an individual basis and within group programs to focus on development of speech, language and communication goals
- Providing individual therapy sessions to children and adults who have vision and/or hearing loss and additional needs. Provide additional required services associated with complex clients.
- Continuing observational and appropriate standardised assessment of children and recording progress over time
- Prepare and maintain all records, reports and documents required
- Work collaboratively with other team members and teams on NextSense activities
- Recognised qualifications as a Teacher of the Deaf
- Current membership of VIT or appropriate professional body
- Knowledge and/or experience with individuals who have: hearing and additional disabilities
- Auslan skills are considered favourably
NDIS Worker Screening