Team Leader Integrated Early Years Services
Organisation Glenelg Shire Council
Closing date 09.08.2021
Primary role Other
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic person to become the join Council's Children's Service Team.
Description Team Leader Integrated Early Years Services Permanent Full Time $81,550.14 - $88,555.89 gross per annum + superannuation + annual leave Our Values| Respect | Integrity | Teamwork | Service Excellence | Innovation About Glenelg Shire Council Glenelg Shire is renowned for its landscapes which include the Budj Bim National Heritage Landscape, expansive beaches, scenic and rugged coast with large national parks. We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Owners of the region, the Gunditjimara, Bunganditj and Jarwadjali people. As Equal Opportunity Employer, Council welcomes applications from all members of our community and those outside the area too. Glenelg Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people. Council takes pride in being a child-safe organisation and is committed to the wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees. About the Role A rare and exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic person to become the join the Glenelg Shire Children's Services Team in the role of Team Leader Integrated Early Years Services. We are looking for an outstanding leader for this role, which will include Nominated Supervisor responsibilities for our integrated services. About You;
- You will be passionate about early childhood education and care and will have the skills to motivate and inspire our educators and staff to achieve high quality outcomes for children, families and communities. The supervision, safety and education of children will be your top priority.
- You will deeply understand the legislative and regulatory requirements relating to early childhood environments and have a strong working knowledge of the National Quality Framework.
- You will have a community focus and positive attitude and will understand the challenges of working within a heavily regulated sector.
- You will remain calm under pressure and be excellent at managing your time and meeting competing deadlines. You will have a demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with children, families and staff.
- Several years' experience working in the early childhood sector, with formal academic qualifications of Diploma or Degree of Teaching (Early Childhood) or other qualifications as approved by ACECQA.
- Experience in a supervisory role with the demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and motivate others.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences on sensitive and complex issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively, show initiative and be assertive in a fast-paced and changing work environment with strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical, investigative, interpretative and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed computer skills, with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Financial Management skills (monitoring).
- Full unrestricted Drivers Licence is essential for this position.
- Satisfactory police records check and valid Working with Children Check or VIT.
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Career development opportunities
- Active Social Club
- Positive work/life balance
- Values-based culture
- Corporate health insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym membership
- Salary sacrifice options; superannuation, vehicle leasing, etc.
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2016 (VECTEA)