19 MayNomination deadline for the Victorian Early Year Awards is 14 June
Early childhood professionals play a vital role to give Victorian children the best start in life. Their dedication and hard work are celebrated annually at the Department of Education and Training Victorian Early Year’s Awards. Now in its 16th year, the Victorian Early Year’s Awards recognise individuals, early childhood services, organisations and initiatives that help Victorian children and their families through leadership and innovation.
There are seven award categories:
- Improving Access and Participation in Early Learning
- Supporting Parents to Build Their Capacity and Confidence
- Creating Collaboration Community Partnerships
- Promoting Children’s Health and Wellbeing
- Continuity of Early Learning
- Emeritus Professor Collette Tayler Excellence in Educational Leadership Award
- Early Childhood Teacher of the Year.
Winners of each category will receive a grant of up to $15,000 for professional development or to support their early childhood initiative. The finalists in each category are also eligible to win the prestigious Minister’s Award, selected by the Minister for Early Childhood.
Nominations are open until 14 June 2021.
You can submit your nomination by visiting www.education.vic.gov.au/veya. For questions regarding the nomination application, contact the Department of Education and Training’s Early Years Awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org