01 FebVic Portable Long Service Leave Employer Tip

Posted on 01 Feb 2021

Q: If one of my workers leaves the industry, will we receive back the levies that we’ve paid on their behalf?
A: When a worker moves between employers within the industry, their portable long service moves with them. A worker can take up to four years break at a time and still remain in the industry.

Should the worker decide to leave the industry or retire before they are able to access their benefit, their entitlements will be held for four years, after which time the money will be retained in the relevant fund and they will forfeit their accrued service.

Money is not returned to the employer when a worker leaves their employment or forfeits their accrued entitlements.

Source: PLSA News 22 Jan 2021

Go to Top