05 MayVic Three-Year-Old Kindergarten Sector Guide
Committees of Management, Directors, and Managers of services delivering or looking at delivering a funded three-year-old kinder program are encouraged to read the Best Start Best Life Sector Guide to the funded three-year-old kindergarten program in Victoria.
The document is produced by the Victorian Department of Education and Training and includes a range of information and answers to key questions relating to the funded three-year-old program rollout. Some of the areas covered in the document include:
- From 2023, it will be up to service providers to determine how many hours of funded Three-Year Old Kindergarten they deliver per week, with a minimum of five hours and a maximum of 15 hours. This choice will depend on factors like available workforce, infrastructure, capacity and community preferences.
- Financial support is available for studying, upskilling and teaching.
- More professional support available for educators and teachers, including Teaching Toolkit, PD, Leadership Forums and Early Learning Networks.
- Three-year-old infrastructure strategy and grants are available to increase enrolment capacity.
- Funding for 5 hours in 2022 for 3yo kindergarten program.
- Early Start Kindergarten, providing 15 hours of 3yo funded kindergarten
- Priority of Access to ensure that children who are vulnerable, disadvantaged or who have a disability are supported to access a kindergarten place.
- Suggestions for more information and contacts for more support.
CLICK HERE to access the Sector Guide.