Dear ELAA members and supporters
Preschool Matters Term 2 is available on the ELAA website now. There’s some great holiday reading including:
- An ACECQA ‘Excellent Rating’ success story from Albert Park Kindergarten
- Updated information on 2020 service staffing level requirements
- A Q&A re long service leave entitlements
- A profile on Community Kinders Plus
- An update on ELAA’s professional development program for the rest of the year
- A huge wrap up on our 2019 Early Childhood Education Conference
- Tips on managing the safety of children at drop off and pick up.
- A feature on the Be You Professional Learning Program to promote mentally healthy early years services
- News, events, grant opportunities and more.
ELAA has been working in close consultation with members, the State Government and Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) around the administrative and financial challenges currently faced by many not-for-profit early childhood service providers. In a pleasing development, ELAA was informed this morning of a one-off grant fund for (more…)
The National Quality Framework (NQF) is being reviewed over the next two years to see what areas of the NQF can still be improved, including the National Law and National Regulations and ELAA would like your feedback. (more…)
An update to a glass safety alert for Victorian early childhood services has been published on the Worksafe Victoria website following serious injury to a five-year-old child at a service. (more…)
The Department of Education and Training is working with ACIL Allen to research career support and professional development for early childhood staff in kindergarten services. Early childhood teachers, educators and leaders are encouraged to share their experiences (more…)
Do you work with children and families experiencing vulnerable circumstances? Continuity of Early Learning is a free professional development course for those involved with supporting children and their families as they prepare for and make the transition to school. (more…)