25 MayNominations are now open for the 18th annual Victorian Early Years Awards
This message contains the name of an Aboriginal person who has passed.
Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) professionals are at the heart of Victoria’s education system, and it is important to recognise the dedication and skill of the ECEC workforce. The ECEC workforce should feel proud of all they have achieved and be recognised for their professionalism and outstanding contribution they make to the lives of Victorian children and their families.
Now in its 18th year, the Victorian Early Years Awards (VEYA) recognise individuals, early childhood services, organisations and initiatives that are helping Victorian children and their families through effective leadership and innovative practices.
This year, there are two new award categories. One recognises the importance of Aboriginal inclusion and perspectives in ensuring all services are accessible to Koorie children and families and commemorates the work and legacy of Aunty Rose Bamblett (dec). The other recognises the vital contribution that educators make to the early childhood sector and to children’s learning and development outcomes.
The nine award categories are:
- The Aunty Rose Bamblett Koorie Early Years Legacy Award (new category)
- Early Childhood Educator of the Year (new category)
- Improving Access and Participation in Early Learning
- Supporting Parents to Build Their Capacity and Confidence
- Creating Collaboration Community Partnerships
- Promoting Children’s Health and Wellbeing
- Continuity of Early Learning
- Emeritus Professor Collette Tayler Excellence in Educational Leadership Award
- Early Childhood Teacher of the Year.
Winners of each category will receive a grant of $15,000 for professional development or support their early childhood initiative. The finalists in each category are also eligible to win the prestigious Minister’s Award, selected by the Minister for Early Childhood and Pre-Prep.
Nominations are open until 14 June 2023. You can submit your nomination by visiting www.vic.gov.au/victorian-early-years-awards. For questions regarding the nomination process, contact the Department of Education’s Early Years Awards team at email@example.com