Helpful Links to Research
Below are links to useful references which provide an overview of the early childhood education and care sector and future directions.
- The Front Project (2019) A Smart Investment for a Smarter Australia: Economic Analysis of universal early childhood education in the year before school in Australia
- Pascoe, S & D Brennan (2017) Lifting Our Game: Report of the Review to Achieve Educational Excellence in Australian Schools through Early Childhood Interventions
- Early Learning: Everyone Benefits (2017) State of early learning in Australia 2017. Canberra, ACT: Early Childhood Australia.
- Fox, S and M Geddes (2016) ‘Preschool – Two years are Better than One: Developing a Preschool Program for Australian 3 Year Olds – Evidence, Policy and Implementation’, Mitchell Institute Policy Paper No. 03/2016. Mitchell Institute, Melbourne
- O’Connell, M., S Fox, B Hinz, H Cole (2016) ‘Quality Early Education for All: Fostering creative, entrepreneurial, resilient and capable learners’, Mitchell Institute Policy Paper No. 02/2016. Mitchell Institute, Melbourne
- Sylva, K., E Melhuish, P Sammons, I Siraj, B Taggart (2014) Students’ educational and developmental outcomes at age 16, Effective Pre-school, Primary and Secondary Education (EPPSE 3-16) Project Research Report, September 2014, Institute of Education, University of London