Excellence in early learning for every child.
As a national peak body, we champion excellence in early learning for children and support parents and service providers
Excellence – Learning – Inclusive – Enabling – Integrity – Respect
ELAA’s ten-year vision for excellence in early learning is laid out in our Strategic Action Plan. The vision focusses on 7 key outcomes:
- A minimum 15 hours of high quality early learning to be accessible and free for all four year olds, and 5 hours of free kindergarten/preschool to be available for all three year olds.
- A greater range of early learning programs and inclusive models to address social and economic disadvantage for vulnerable children and their families.
- More effective service models delivering better integration of early years services and better transition from playgroups to early learning services and school.
- New practice models supported by research, that meet emerging needs and reflect the long-term benefits of quality early learning.
- A qualified, highly professional workforce that is supported to deliver quality educational outcomes.
- Greater collaboration and better partnerships across the education sector to extend our influence and improve our advocacy for excellence in early learning.
- A leading role in a strong and collaborative sector providing informed advocacy in public policy debates.