Centre Director – TRY Showgrounds Children’s Centre, Flemington
Organisation TRY Australia Children's Services
Closing date 24.05.2021
Primary role Child Care – Director (Co-ordinator)
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service Ages 6 weeks to 6 years • Long day care – 164 places • Integrated 4-year-old kindergarten program Our program aims to provide children with a wonderful and delightful education experience where they build friendships, enjoy learning and discovery, build on their strengths and capabilities reaching their potential as they continue on their educational journey. Each room’s programs emerge from the interests, passions and interactions of children, families and staff to maximize children’s and staff motivation to investigate, participate, imagine and create as a community of learners Find out more: https://trycs.org.au/child-care-centre/showgrounds-childrens-centre/
Description We are TRY Early Learning and as part of a Social Purpose organisation we have a vision to create a meaningful difference in the lives of children. We strive to provide ALL children with access to high quality Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC). We are seeking a dynamic Early Childhood Centre Director to join our management team at the Showgrounds Children’s Centre, Flemington.
We want to meet you
- Do you have a body of work in and passion for Centre Leadership?
- Is the Showgrounds Children’s Centre in Flemington a good location for you?
- Do you get great feedback on your ability to engage with families, educators, management colleagues and children?
- Have you had customer service, commercial and management success?
- Do people describe you as positive, energetic and great to work with?
- Are you seeking a career pathway within a leading Early Learning team?
We can offer you
- Negotiable, market level salary rate
- A role dedicated to management– you are not rostered on the floor
- An assistant director who takes responsibility for Education Leadership
- A secure, permanent, full time position in a well-established and busy centre
- Recognition as a valued management colleague working together to provide learning to ALL children
- A supportive workplace with opportunities for professional development
- The opportunity to belong to an organisation with strong values, ethics and commitment to children and the ECEC workforce
How to apply
- Send your application to email@example.com
- Attach your current resume
- Include a cover letter / email responding to the following questions:
- Describe some centre and staff leadership successes you have achieved
- Tell us why you are interested in this position
- Applications close Monday morning 24 May 2021
Any questions?Email /call Judith or Anastasia in the People & Culture team
- 0437 943 438
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate
- Business management success
- People leadership success
- Systems and computer competency
- Examples of using their passion for early years care, development and education of children
- Applied understanding of the National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning and Development Framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Diploma or degree in a relevant field
The TRY differenceAt TRY we’re more than just an early learning and care provider. As a non-denominational, not-for-profit organisation we work with communities to improve the life chances of children and young people facing adversity. We do this by helping them to achieve great educational and employment outcomes through our youth mentoring and employment pathway programs, as well as supporting vulnerable families to access early learning. When you join TRY you’re joining an organisation with a 137 year strong history of making a meaningful difference to the lives chances of children and young people. Are you ready to make a difference? Learn more here: https://try.org.au/
Child safety and inclusivenessTRY Children’s Services and all our Centres are committed to child safety. The protection and wellbeing of children and young persons is reflected in our zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff and volunteers have a moral and legal responsibility to ensure that young people are safe whilst involved in our care and programs. All children have the right to safety and security and the protection from physical, emotional, verbal and sexual abuse and neglect. TRY Children’s Services is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and from people with a disability.
Industrial Agreement/Award Children’s Services Award 2010
Call Judith or Anastasia