Early Childhood Teacher
Organisation Little Scooters Early Learning Centre and Kindergarten
Closing date 17.12.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Full-time
About the Centre/Service Little Scooters Early Learning Centre and Kindergarten is a purpose built facility, privately owned and operated. We are located in Research which is a beautiful suburb in the North East of Melbourne. We have been a solid fixture of the local community for 12 years and can care for and educate up to 108 children per day. We have seperate three and four year old kinder programs.
Work Days of the Role 5
Hours of Work of the Role 37.5
Description We are looking for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to lead our three year old kinder program. Our philosophy recognises that children learn best when they are in a safe, caring, supported and supervised environment where they feel comfortable and empowered to try new things and meet new people. Positive encouragement and reinforcement are used as tools to direct and promote behaviour and through positive encouragement and stimulating learning experiences we aim to build high self-esteem and self-worth. We believe that the educator is responsible for facilitating learning in the classroom and for scaffolding the children so they can reach their full potential. What we offer-
- A set shift each week - time is somewhat negotiable.
- Paid professional development
- Paid staff meetings
- Annual Flu vaccination (optional)
- Educational Services Award 2010 pay rate or above for the right candidate
- Support of a team of educators with many years of industry experience
- 4 days on the floor
- 1 day of planning/programming off the floor
- 6 weeks paid annual leave during school holidays
Qualifications Candidate Requirements-
- Must have a completed Bachelor of Education - (Early Childhood) or equivalent recognised by ACECQA
- Hold a current VIT Registration
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis, CPR and Asthma certificates
- Preferably drive and have own car
- A passion for caring and educating children
- Strong knowledge of the Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme would be desirable.
- Sound practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Frameworks and the Early Years Learning Framework.
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010
Sarah McNutt/Sally Thompson