Organisation J S Grey Kindergarten Association Inc
Closing date 30.11.2021
Primary role Early Childhood Teacher
Position type Part-time
Location West Preston
About the Centre/Service JS Grey Kindergarten is a sessional Kindergarten for 3 and 4-year-old children currently rated as Exceeding. We are a service run by volunteer parents who form the Committee of Management. We are seeking an Early Childhood Teacher for one of our three 4yo Kindergarten Groups. The position is ongoing. The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework underpins our play-based programs, where within this environment our Educators will empower and support children’s sense of identity, community, well-being, learning and communication. Our Kindergarten is a Child Safe environment and we support cultural diversity. Our curriculum incorporates indigenous perspectives, music, art, language, sustainability, gender equity, numeracy and literacy. Environmental issues are an integral part of the day-to-day learning as we help children understand their responsibility to their world. We are seeking an experienced Early Childhood Teacher for our 4yo Echidna group. The Echidna group runs on a Tuesday & Thursday from 8.30am – 4.00pm. The hours will be 23.5 hours per week, planning and professional development inclusive.
Work Days of the Role Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Hours of Work of the Role 23.5
Description The successful candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education degree and hold a VIT full registration or be provisionally registered.
- Strong understanding of the VELDYF, Educational and Care National Law and Regulations, and the NQF/NQS
- Ensure a safe environment for the children and staff
- Work professionally and collaboratively with Committee of Management, Management and Staff and Co-Educators of the program
- Develop, implement daily routines
- Ensure the Policies and Procedures of the service are understood and adhered to
- Liaise with families/carers as appropriate
- Hold current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training and qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate, motivated and enthusiastic about Early Childhood Education.
Requirements VIT Registration
Industrial Agreement/Award Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement 2020 (VECTEA)